Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

"My Body's 21 but my Mind is Ageless"

Little Big Planet. A new obsession? Most likely. It's too soon to tell. This game is around $50 new off the shelf. Used, it is less than half! I went to EB Games with Andrew so he could get some games for a "buy two, get your third game free" type of event, to find Andrew could only find two he wanted. I chipped in and helped him pay for his by getting a game so he didn't have to pay full price for his two games and get a game free he doesn't even want.
The game reminds me a lot of Mario because its basically just a single character making it through different levels to make it though different "worlds". It's very fun and can be played multiplayer or solo. The major differences between it and Mario are the character features and the graphics. Not only can you move forward and backwards, but up the screen and down. As far as customizing a character in a game goes, this one takes the gold medal. You start as a rag-doll stitching exposed and a big zipper with a few options for eye balls, cloth color, and a few basic features. As you play the game you find bubbles with rewards in them for making it through the level. They include stickers for your room, clothing, different cloths, and such things. It gets addicting. I officially have my own PS3 game. It only took me six months from the time we got the system. Oh well, technically it's Andrew's system. Not mine. I use it though for Netflix, a lot.
Unnecessary? Yes.
A bit childish? Yes.
A good purchase? I think so.